Historical essay of the development of physics-mathematical faculty of the Tavrida University.
Taurida University was officially opened in the Crimea on October 14, 1918. It was established in the crucial period and fully experienced all the difficulties and trials on the way of its development. On the eve of the centennial of the University awareness comes of a historic role it had played in the establishment of scientific and cultural traditions and of the entire system of education in Crimea.
Among the first in the Taurida University was established physics-mathematical faculty. Its origins were well-known scientists-mathematicians which initiated the beginning of mathematics education and brought the spirit of scientific creativity. Times had been changing and the University had been changing. The faculty underwent these changes as well, and now the faculty grew out of a long-standing physics-mathematical in today’s faculty of mathematics and informatics.
This article is an essay which is devoted to pedagogical work the mathematicians, tutors and graduates of the faculty in a rich and complex history of Taurida University from its foundation to the present day which contributed a memorable contribution to the scientific and historical heritage of the Taurida University and of the Crimea.
Keywords: Taurida University, physics-mathematical faculty, tutors and graduates.